If you are using a WordPress website with forms. most common issue contact form plugin is not sending emails. In this article, I will show you how to fix WordPress not sending email issue.
Are you using whatever contact form plugins or email newsletter and you put your email correctly. But it’s not enough sending and receiving emails.
The first thing you need to do is install and activate the WP Mail SMTP or Easy WP SMTP plugins. These plugins fix your email deliverability by reconfiguring the wp_mail() PHP function to use a proper SMTP provider.
WHAT IS SMTP?
SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is an industry standard for sending emails. SMTP helps increase email deliverability by using proper authentication.
Popular email clients like Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc are constantly improving their services to reduce email spam. One of the things their spam tools look for is whether an email is originating from the location it claims to be originating from.
If the proper authentication isn’t there, then the emails either go into your SPAM folder or worst not get delivered at all.
This is a problem for a lot of WordPress sites because, by default, WordPress uses the PHP mail function to send emails generated by WordPress or any contact form plugin like WPForms, Contact Form 7, Ninja forms.
This helps you fix all WordPress not sending email issues.
WP Mail SMTP plugin includes four different SMTP setup options:
- Mailgun SMTP
- SendGrid SMTP
- Gmail SMTP
- All Other SMTP
The general settings configuration are simple.
- From Email Address: The email address that will be used to send emails to your recipients
- From Name: The name your recipients will see as part of the “from” or “sender” value when they receive your message
- SMTP Host: Your outgoing mail server (example: smtp.gmail.com)
- Type of Encryption: none/SSL/TLS
- SMTP Port: The port that will be used to relay outbound mail to your mail server (example: 465)
- SMTP Authentication: No/Yes (This option should always be checked “Yes”)
- Username: The username that you use to login to your mail server
- Password: The password that you use to login to your mail server
Easy WP SMTP configuration.
WP Mail SMTP configuration.
Well, I hope this article must have helped you. If you have any problem regarding this
post just drop your comment here or you can also say “Thanks” simply.