In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to change or hide your wp-admin login for WordPress. When you first install a free plugin called “iThemes Security”. Then you can simply be changing your WordPress login page URL. Let’s take a look!
What is the iThemes Security
iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security) gives you over 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress site. On average, 30,000 new websites are hacked each day. WordPress sites can be an easy target for attacks because of plugin vulnerabilities, weak passwords and obsolete software.
Most WordPress admins don’t know they’re vulnerable, but iThemes Security works to lock down WordPress, fix common holes, stop automated attacks and strengthen user credentials. With advanced features for experienced users, our WordPress security plugin can help harden WordPress.
iThemes Security works to protect your site by blocking bad users and increasing the security of passwords and other vital information.
- Prevents brute force attacks by banning hosts and users with too many invalid login attempts
- Scans your site to instantly report where vulnerabilities exist and fixes them in seconds
- Bans troublesome user agents, bots and other hosts
- Strengthens server security
- Enforces strong passwords for all accounts of a configurable minimum role
- Forces SSL for admin pages (on supporting servers)
- Forces SSL for any page or post (on supporting servers)
- Turns off file editing from within WordPress admin area
- Detects and blocks numerous attacks to your filesystem and database
Related: Best Free Email Services 2020
iThemes Security monitors your site and reports changes to the filesystem and database that might indicate a compromise. iThemes Security also works to detect bots and other attempts to search vulnerabilities.
- Detects bots and other attempts to search for vulnerabilities.
- Monitors filesystem for unauthorized changes.
- Run a scan for malware and blacklists on the homepage of your site.
- Receive email notifications when someone gets locked out after too many failed login attempts or when a file on your site has been changed.
iThemes Security hides common WordPress security vulnerabilities, preventing attackers from learning too much about your site and away from sensitive areas like your site’s login, admin, etc.
- Changes the URLs for WordPress dashboard areas including login, admin and more
- Completely turns off the ability to login for a given time period (away mode)
- Removes theme, plugin, and core update notifications from users who do not have
- permission to update them
- Removes Windows Live Write header information
- Removes RSD header information
- Renames “admin” account
- Changes the ID on the user with ID 1
- Changes the WordPress database table prefix
- Changes wp-content path
- Removes login error messages
Download Plugin: Click Me!
Well, I hope this article must have helped you. If you have any problem regarding this post just drop your comment here or you can also say “Thanks” simply.